Thursday, February 01, 2007

Buyer Beware!

I'm sure there are plenty of people who have these and are perfectly happy with them but let me warn anyone who is considering buying this brand of washer/dryer(Mom) DON'T DO IT!



Although I love how my clothes look after being washed in this washer, I have a laundry list of issues with this machine that largely outweighs the positives.
  1. The handle, made of cheap plastic, broke off about a year after we got the machine.
  2. After the handle broke Mike repeatedly tried to contact Whirlpool about the issue and 4 years later has yet to get an answer.
  3. The washer literally "eats" socks, underwear, washclothes, and other small items. You've heard people say their machine ate the missing sock...well, mine acutally does. I found said sock along with a couple pairs of my underwear, a bunch of Jayke's socks, and a couple of washclothes stuck up under the rubber gaurd around the door that keeps the water from running out. How long they have been there I have no idea. Let's just say it had been a while. The socks were now grey and ruined.
  4. Because of the clothing that was "lost" in the door, the washer began to have a musty smell that would sometimes transfer to the clothes.
  5. Occasionally the machine would just stop working and a print out would come up on the screen that said "sud". Now put the same amount of soap and clothing in that I always do so it shouldn't have a problem.
  6. The final issue on my list is the stupid thing is now totally broken. It won't run and the door is locked with a load of clothing sitting in the washer full of water! The hubs beat on it for a while last night but nothing happened so now I have to decide whether to get the beast fixed or just give up on the heap and buy a new one.
Whirlpool Duet owners beware! This could happen to you! I'm just glad it waited to conk out after I got my underwear washed! I'm good for a week now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LG RULES!!!