Sunday, December 10, 2006

Tell Me about That Bag, Mommy



Our test run was a sucess! Jaykeb got his picture taken with the Gingerbread Man today. Next up, Santa Claus! He wouldn't sit on Santa's lap last year but I think he will this year. He wasn't afraid of the Gingerbread Man at all and as you can see, he was a little scary looking. Not really smiling, kind of looks like he is screaming or shocked or something. Anyway, he was happy and I got my picture for the blog and the scrapbook! My child is bloggerific! We had a conversation today about one of the gifts under the tree, it went something like this.

Jaykeb: Mommy, I want you to tell me about that blue bag under the tree.

Mommy: What about it?

Jaykeb: Tell me about it Mommy.

Mommy: Did you look in that bag Jaykeb?

Jaykeb: No

Mommy: Jaykeb, tell Mommy the truth, did you look in the bag?

Jaykeb: No, I didn't but I want you to tell me about it.

Mommy(to Daddy): Jaykeb looked in one of the giftbags under the tree.

Daddy: Jaykeb did you look in the bag?

Jaykeb: No.

Daddy: What is in that bag, Jaykeb?

Jaykeb: A Monster Truck, tell me about it.

The one and only gift I wrapped using a giftbag was tucked clear in the back behind the tree and taped shut. I can tell (because I always stategically arrange my gifts under the tree to look as if it on display in some fancy store) that he has not touched any of the other presents, just the giftbag. Upon further inspection I find that the tape which was holding the bag tightly closed to prevent prying eyes from discovering the contents was torn. What I don't know is when he did his super secret sleuthing. It wasn't today because we were gone most of the day and I would have noticed if he were poking around under the tree before we left. He had to have made his discovery yesterday sometime and kept it a secret all that time. That is what shocked me the most. I wasn't shocked that he looked in the bag just that he kept it a secret after discovering the treasured contents. He has been talking about that monster truck for days. We got the same thing for his exchange gift at school tomorrow. In fact, that is how I managed to convince him that the truck was not for him. I told him it was the one we are taking to school to give to his friend. He then disappeared into his room for a long time. I don't know if he was in there pouting because the truck wasn't for him or if he just didn't care and went in to play. When he came out he was fine and never mentioned it again. So tomorrow we will give one of the trucks in the exchange and the other one will have to be rewrapped and put back under the tree for Jaykeb on Christmas. Santa is so good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok you got me! How can I not comment. You need to start writing a book! I was laughing so hard I was crying. Everybody at work thought something was wrong with me, I had to tell them I was scared of the gingerbread man!!

Wendy said...

He (actually it was a she) WAS SCARY!

Tresa said...

i'm not sure you wold have gotten me up there with him.... he looks like he's going to eat you

Anonymous said...

Ummm...don't ever go there again!!! That Gingerbread is the most frightening thing I have ever seen besides the Burger King dude. I can't believe Jayke was okay with that!