Meet Me in St. Louis is my absolute favorite movie! I have no idea why. I also don't know why it is considered a Christmas movie because the winter vignette is the shortest of the four. It is the second most successful movie behind Gone With the Wind of all times though and it is shown at Christmas every year. I don't watch old movies throughout the year, only at Christmas. I am on a roll this year though. I watched Holiday Affair the other night and I'm waiting for White Christmas, Holiday Inn, and It's a Wonderful Life. Because I started watching my old movies already I have all my Christmas cards done, the decorating is done, and all the gifts I have so far are wrapped and under the tree. Jaykeb has seen It's a Great Christmas Charlie Brown or whatever that thing is called. I don't like that one but he did. We have all the other tv specials on dvd and he has been watching them too. No Christmas would be complete without watching Rudolph, the longest running, highest rated tv special in history. And of course, we can't get away with Christmas at the in-laws without watching the all day showing of A Christmas Story. Mike and his family watch it every year. Mike really likes it. I insisted that I hated it when we were first married but now I find myself sitting and laughing right along with him and saying "You'll shoot your eye out kid!" My Christmas routine changes almost every year with having to go to so many different places but my perfect Christmas eve will always be the same no matter where we are spending it and that is to be sitting on the floor wrapping last minute gifts while watching It's a Wonderful Life and to have it snowing big flakes outside like it does in the movies.
4 comments:
My all time favorite movie is "White Christmas"..... and I believe it's truly a Redneck Christmas when you can sit and watch "A Christmas Story" all day long, but i stil look forward to being with my family. See you soon
Tresa, I like that one too, watched it the other night and hey, we are from the South now so watching "A Christmas Story" is right up our alley!
A bit of trivia for you that I learned in an American Musical class in college (I remember more from that class than the rest of my college career) about 'Have yourself a merry little Christmas.'
Apparently, they had to rewrite the song because the original was too darn sad, it made all the cast and crew cry and they said they couldn't do that to the audience, so they rewrote it.
Love,
Kelly
Kelly, I knew there was something about that song I was fogetting. I love watching that channel that gives you all the details before the movie.
Post a Comment