Today was Jayke's Awards Day at school. We thought that he would be getting an award for straight As since he got them this quarter but didn't realize that you had to have them for the entire year...he missed that by a B+. He was looking at me from his seat looking some what bummed when he realized he wouldn't get any awards today...only a certificate for completing fifth grade when his name was called for the Presidential Award, the principal calling it the "top award"!
He told me afterwards he had no idea he would get that! I was proud of him for working really hard for the straight As. He isn't always very motivated and just settles for all As and Bs...much like I did in school. I told him if he got straight As this year he would beat me by two years, as I didn't get them until 7th grade. That was all the motivation he needed...to beat his mother at something. This was by far his best school year yet and we are already talking about him working towards honors classes and scholarships. I just have to figure out how to keep him motivated!

Below is a first day/last day shot...I think it is slightly exaggerated due to the angle but look at the distance between his shoes and shorts for an example of how he has grown this year. He is to my shoulder now. He also looks older in the face to me. He better stop that!



No comments:
Post a Comment