Monday, May 25, 2015

Progress... Cheap Labor...


I really wish I had a before picture.  This area was a huge mess with dead bushes and over grown in weeds.  Not a shred of mulch since I moved in years ago.  Seems like the front of the house always gets priority over the back.  With the front in pretty good shape this year we were finally able to start working on the back a little bit.  Keep in mind it was Larry, Curly, and Mo (Mom, Me, and Jeff) working on this project so although it doesn't look like a professional did it, it does look 1 million times better!  Jayke is my lawn boy in training.  He was really into mulching.  

Laynie approves of the new walk.  With her failing eyesight she tends to fall off the pavers a lot though.  It will take her a little time to get used to them.  I think she likes being able to walk to the fence without touching the grass.  I'm also happy my bird sculpture from Mexico finally has a home and prominent location for display.  He has been tucked in the corner of the hedge where you couldn't even see him.  I got the electrical outlet replaced so now I can do some lighting on the Pergola too!

My helpers will all be happy to learn that painting the deck and working in a water feature are up next!!  Rest up crew!



Next year we will bring this flower bed around and run it down the front of the deck to join the flower bed on the other side...baby steps...


No comments: