Sunday, January 25, 2015

Thank God the Season is Almost Over!



The team is doing well but I've been more than frustrated with this season and Jayke's lack of playing time.  Today we played Jeff's son's team.  The Central Bearcats.  We are down a man so Jayke actually got to play some today instead of just being subbed in to give other players a 2 minute rest.  I thought that he did really well for a kid whose confidence has been shattered and his play has diminished due to never getting a chance.  If you don't play the kids they will never learn and never improve.  They have to have a chance and this season Jayke has gotten less and less playing time with each game.  If he is yanked out any time he misses a shot he isn't going to take shots anymore.  I watch his body language on the bench and it becomes more and more deflated as the game goes on.  Finally, today, he got to play more in one game than he has all season!   It took Adam breaking his nose for Jayke to get an opportunity to play more.  Was it enough to make up for the damage that has been done this season?  Not hardly.  He played well though and I was proud.






We won by 30 some points.  Jayke scored 3 points but his defense is what I was most proud of (and always is).  Good job, buddy!

No comments: