Jayke made the Spelling Bee...again. He has made it every year except the time he was sick on the day they had the try outs, so to speak. That was in fourth grade, but he was back this year! He looks oh so thrilled to be there too. He did well, unfortunately Hobnob took him down. He put a K in it...which, I think I would have too.
Later that evening, I took the opportunity to use it in a sentence for him. Mom told me how after school, he was holding the kitten and said, "Ew, she smells today" as he handed her to my mom. After a while he came and took her back and said, "She smells better now. Maybe its me who stinks. I have worn these socks for four days in a row!" Um....EW!!! Turns out I haven't needed to be buying him those expensive socks after all. He only needed one pair! I told him later that I didn't hobnob with boys who have stinky feet. He told me I'm "Sooo mean!" I hear that often these days.
On another note, we survived another science fair project with very minimal anger, frustration, and yelling. He investigated which kind of salt would melt ice the fastest. I believe we got an A again this year. I haven't seen the final grade yet but that is what he tells me.

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment