Saturday, December 27, 2014

Glue Gun, Dremel, and a Tub of Glitter...Stuff Just Got Serious


Making gifts for the Grandmas is serious business.  We never know what to buy them so after some discussion (and some convincing) we decided to make their gifts this year.  It's been a looooong time since I've busted out the craft cart and I found all kinds of goodies in there that had been long forgotten.  After looking over the inventory we finally decided on snow globe ornaments with bottle brush trees!  I was really happy with the way they turned out and they were pretty simple to make.  Messy, but simple.  Good thing I had that Dremel just laying around unused or we would have never been able to get the tree inside the bulb.  We made three, one for us, as well as the Grandmas.  Each one got a little more difficult for some reason and the trees ended up looking a little crooked.  This sent Jayke's OCD into over drive until I explained that it made them look "wind-blown".  He loved this idea and was satisfied with the finished product.  We popped them into a cute gift boxes and were all finished!


No comments: