A couple of weeks ago Jayke finally pulled his tooth that had been barely hanging there for days. He was at Bob's and didn't get home until late so we just put the baggie that had the tooth in it on the counter. I was hoping he wouldn't put it under his pillow because I didn't have any cash. I figured since he went to bed he wouldn't remember it and I could get some ones the next day.
Weeks have gone by and that tooth has just sat there so tonight I said, "Hey Jayke, why don't you put your tooth under your pillow tonight so you can get some money for Colorado?" He said okay and went to get it. I later asked him if he put it under the pillow in the baggie. (I need to know ahead of time what I'm looking for so as not to wake him...I don't know if he fully believes still or not and I'm trying to keep it going as long as possible. The kid has only lost 7 teeth.) He replied, "No, I took it out of the baggie because when I put it under there the other day... in the baggie... she never came!"
blink. blink.
"You put your tooth under your pillow before now???"
"Yea, I put it under there and nothing happened so I put it back on the counter."
This Tooth Fairy sucks! He never told me he put it under his pillow and I check every day to see that it's still on the counter. When did he do this? WHY didn't he tell me he was putting it under his pillow? The Fairy needs some warning! I felt so bad I put a couple extra dollars under there tonight when I retrieved it. Now, as I write this, I'm wondering two things...one...did he figure it out that it's me... since he didn't tell me and the Fairy didn't come? Two...has he figured out a way to guilt his mother (aka The Tooth Fairy) into giving him more money? He may just be a genius...
No comments:
Post a Comment