Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pike Fest Tournament


This is what a victory looks like....big smile!  We were in Indy for our first tournament of the season today.  The new team's first attempt at bringing home some hardware for the club.  Day one started with a down pour.  The kids were soaked before the game even started.  Luckily the rain let up shortly after the game began and the kids were able to get a tie.  We ended up winning game two, coming from behind.  Not a bad start to the tournament. 


In between games we had some time to kill so Jayke, Jeff, and I ran to Target to get a gift for the birthday party Jayke was invited to after the game and to TGI Friday's for lunch.  this wagon was outside the restaurant and I never pass up a photo op.  The Boy was willing to climb up which surprised me since he isn't very cooperative with my photo taking these days.


Since we got so wet during the game I had to try to dry the jersey.  This may be the world's most expensive dryer at $3.35 a gallon!  Luckily we had a spare jersey so I didn't run the "dryer" very long once I saw that this much heavier jersey wasn't going to dry in time.  



After the games we went to Cracker Barrel to celebrate Carley's birthday.  I think all but two of the players came.  The picture was taken after a couple had left but we got most of them.  Even the coaches came.  They had to get a table for 36 which the Cracker Barrel staff was none too thrilled about.  It was a really long day but fun.  Now we get to get up and do it again tomorrow!  Hopefully with the same outcome as today ended with!



Day two of the tournament didn't go as well for our team.  We lost 4-1 to a team we beat and tied last season in our two meetings.  I think everyone was shocked.  It was a really quiet sideline.  I guess the team may have more work to do than what we thought.  I'm betting practice won't be much fun on Tuesday.

No comments: