Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Georgia and Hilton Head, SC


I asked Mike to send a few photos of Jayke on his trip to the beach with him.  They had a place near Hilton Head, South Carolina for a few days.  I don't have any details about this trip other than Jayke had a LOT of fun swimming in the ocean, jumping waves, and riding the boogie board. Oh, and they went to a lighthouse but the beach where they stayed wasn't any good, too many rocks.  I'm assuming this is it in the picture below. I'm glad he had fun because I was a nervous wreck about him being in the ocean!

He text me the morning they were going and I was bombarding him with warnings and instructions.  I don't even like Jayke to swim in a lake let alone the Atlantic freaking Ocean!!!  I was simultaneously texting his father giving him warnings and instructions as well.  (I'm sure he LOVED this, but I don't care)


Not sure where the picture below was taken...something historical I assume.  I don't think Jayke remembered when I asked him.


Opa met Mike outside of Atlanta to pick Jayke up and bring him home.  He was down visiting his mom and sister.  He has done this in the past to help Mike out and Jayke likes it too.  On the way back to Aunt Jennifer's house they stopped and climbed Stone Mountain...or I guess they rode the Gondola up and ran down.  Opa took a picture and sent it to me up Jayke at the top.


Below are some images of the mountain I stole from Google.




He had a great trip but was really glad to get back home to his cat, his xbox, his couch, his toilet, his fridge, his basketball goal, his Oma and, I suppose, even his mom.  He left the next night to stay with a friend.  (shaking my head)

 



No comments: