Friday, August 03, 2012

Third Grader


Look at that...struttin in there like he owns the place.  I remember a few years ago walking in with him plastered to my side, now he walks in with all the confidence in the world!  Says he is ready to start school!  I'm glad because I am certainly ready for him to start...and I think Bobby is probably more ready than anyone since he stays home with him all day.  

Jayke was slightly bummed that he didn't get the teacher he wanted but I took him to see his classroom and he was excited that there were sports themed bean bags in there.  The boy does love his bean bags!  I guess he is thinking it is going to be a relaxing time in third grade now that he saw those.  I did manage to find out that his teacher is really good.  A girl I work with told me her kids had her and LOVED her!  That's good but I think everyone is different and just because someone else's kids love a particular teacher doesn't mean my kid will the that same teacher.  Hopefully, Jayke will though.  Jayke is usually fine with his teachers and it's his mother who ends up having issues with them.  I was the happiest with his kindergarten teacher so far.  Not thrilled at all with first grade, and just ok with last year's.  I'm hoping this will be the year I love his teacher too.

We have registered, got all of his school supplies, and gone to the dentist.  All we have left to do is get a hair cut and get a few school clothes and he is all set!  School starts the 14th!


No comments: