Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Futballers


Travel soccer started again last Friday.  This is the first time that Jayke and Mason have gotten to play on the same team and they are very happy about it!  I'm even happier because I can tell already that Jayke has more confidence this season, having some of his friends on his team.  We have 3 or 4 kids who have come back from last season's travel team, one player who he played on a rec team with for several seasons, and another boy who he has played on rec teams with and gone to camp with as well.  All of that AND Mason. The only disappointment was that one of the girls from our team moved up an age group and so did one of Jayke's really good friends who he rides the bus with.  Jonathan has been Jayke's friend since kindergarten, he comes to his birthday parties and they have played on rec teams together.  He tried out but got placed on a different team.  That was a bummer for Jayke but I think he is going to be fine with all his other friends who are on the team.



No comments: