Monday, July 23, 2012

More Food...it's Becoming a Learning Experience!


Grilled ginger salmon steak with smashed red potatos, grilled peppers, and grilled asparagus    (and in the chef's own words)   the peppers were chili, not bell. The stuff in the bowl is a ginger-citrus dressing using pureed ginger with a dash of soy sauce, oil, lime, and lemon. That's a grilled lemon (which helps to extract the juice from the pulp). And that's sauteed garlic and spinach on top of the salmon steak.

Not only are my meals yummy now but they are pretty too!  This was from a week or so ago but it was too pretty not to post.  How lucky am I that I have someone who cooks for me like this EVERY NIGHT...and if he doesn't cook he takes me out and has me try new things that I would never try on my own.  For our 2 month anniversary he took me to Outback and spent $90 on our meal just so I could try a couple of new things.  Turns out I really like seared Ahi Tuna...who knew?  Something I would have never even thought to try.  Now I just have to figure out how to eat like that and NOT gain 100 pounds!

No comments: