Saturday, July 28, 2012

Introducing...



ZOE!!  (Zoewee)  4 years old

Our new Yorkie. The other day I went to pick Jayke up from Bob's house and Ang was yelling for me to come up to her door.  I went up there and found her with this little dog.  She apparently confiscated this dog from someone whose family member had to go into a nursing home.  She was going to keep the dog but her little Maltese hated her and that upset Matthew.  She told Jayke he could have the dog and it was all over.  There were tears in his eyes and a lot of begging going on.  I made him call Bobby and ask him...thinking he would say no.  He said yes.  So here she is. 

The cats hate her.  The dogs are irritated by her.  The guys love her though.  She has become Bobby's dog.  He hasn't had a dog since 1996 so he needed her...and she needed him!  She had lived in a house for two weeks by herself when her owner was taken to a nursing home to live.  You could tell she was starved for attention when she got to our house.  She was thrilled with her people but she loves her new canine friends as well.  The first night she attempted to pull Simon our of his bed by his tail for about 20 minutes.  He was very patient with her but finally he had had it and began growling at her.  She went flying underneath the bed. She didn't give up though.  She still nips at his hind legs constantly trying to get him to play with her.  

She chases the cats, barking and acting like a maniac.  Luna has adjusted the best to it.  She has remained out in the room and the two of them have gradually gotten used to each other.  Nemo, on the other hand, has been hiding since she got here and is still terrified of her.  They will get used to each other eventually though.

I was able to take advantage of my place of employment and get her a crate of her own for free.  She came with about everything else she needed.  I think I need to get her a pink bow and a sparkly pink collar though.  Something I have always said I would NEVER do to a dog.  


No comments: