Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day...Sort Of a First


Love this picture...don't exactly know why.  I think it is the color combination and the lighting on the water. 


Went to Dad's for Father's Day and the "boys" pretty much floated around in the pool all day.  Jayke was pretty much chillin' in the above picture.  Lost of swimming and some interesting grilling techniques pretty much filled the day.  Convinced MJ's grill only has two settings...off and burnt!  I've never seen so much smoke come off of one grill!   



We went from the pool to the pond.  Apparently my boss (Oma's next door neighbor) has bought a big purple boat.  And parked it (yes, parked) at Oma's dock.  He has also given us all permission to use it.  I'm thinking he may want to rethink this after what I heard happened the other day.  Oma and Jayke took the boat out for a spin.  It was really hot out and mom was too lazy to go back in the house to get a hat...so...she improvised by wearing a plastic flower pot she snatched up out of the yard.  Now please take a moment to create this mental image..............got it?  I do and that is why I can totally sympathize with Jayke when I was informed that he was absolutely mortified!  Just picture it!  Oma and Jayke in that big purple boat, paddling down the pond, Oma wearing a plastic flower pot on her head!  I think I need to call her and ask what color the flower pot was so I can truly appreciate the ridiculousness of it all.




We started our Father's Day celebration a little early this year.  We gave Bobby his gift on Friday night.  Jayke had come to me a week ago and asked if we could get Bobby a Father's Day gift from him.  Of course we can!  Especially considering this was the first time ever that Jayke had asked to buy a Father's Day gift for ANYONE!  It was made even more special by the fact that Bobby hadn't recieved a gift of any kind in many many years.  A big moment for all involved. 

We went a little overboard...shocking, I know.  We got him new knives for the kitchen since he cooks so much.  Really nice knives.  We also got him a bamboo cutting board and a holder for the knives.  We were only going to get the knives but Mom told me to get him a shirt too.  I got two because we couldn't make up our minds which one to get.  I don't think anyone has ever appreciated a gift I gave them more than Bobby did.  Nice change.

No comments: