Wednesday, October 05, 2011

His 9th Season

Wow! I counted and it has been 9 seasons of soccer for The Boy now! This one is coming to an end soon so I took a couple of pictures at our last game. Finally had some sunshine to be able to take some.

Jayke is by far the best player on the team. The coach pays special attention to him, always playing him the most and talking to him after the games. Sometimes not a good thing. The other night he played the entire game. Didn't rest a minute and he paid for it afterwards. I had to pull over on the way home for him to get sick. During the game the coach was even telling all the kids in time out that they weren't helping Jayke at all and he was the only one out there trying. I know this is why he plays him the most but I'm going to tell him I want him to sit at least 1 full quarter a game from now on. I'm also telling Jayke to slow up a bit while playing. Confusing for him since we always talk about playing hard and never letting up...now I'm telling him the opposite. Hopefully he will figure it out and pace himself to last the whole game without puking!














No comments: