Sunday, September 11, 2011

From a Dragon to a Smurf!





We went to Kings Island with a group of friends Saturday. This was Jayke's first time. He has been asking to go all summer though so when the opportunity came up to go during a private event and at a reduced price we jumped on it. The park was closed to the public for Honda days. Angi's hubs works for Honda so we were able to go as their guests. Above is the group that was in our car. Matt, Jayke, Kaylee, Maci, and Alec. Ryan, Ang, and I were also in there. The other group that went with us was Melanie, Andy, Katie, and Noah. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the entire group together.

We got there and split up...the big kids went with Ryan to ride the scary roller coasters and Ang and I took Jayke to the kiddie part. We convinced him to get his face painted. I've always wanted him to get his face painted at the zoo or where ever we were that they did it. This may have been my last opportunity so I begged and bribed him to do it. He got a blue dragon mask.
















Katie joined us later after she got tired of riding the big rides. We went to the game area and Ang won a hat... The kids were not impressed...I thought she looked Gangsta!!





The Boy saw a game that had Hello Kitty prizes and was sure he could win one for me. He was correct! He shot and made 2 baskets and won me this...

You know how I LOVE the Kitty!! Jayke rode his first roller coaster and although he said he liked it, he did NOT want to ride it again today. He rode a different one though and liked it. We rode several things and he conquered his fears pretty well. Cried on one the first time but got right back on it afterwards for a second ride. I was pretty proud of him. He did great the whole day!!



Ang and I, on the other hand...not so much. First there was an ongoing incident with my shirt. I chose the wrong ensemble for the day's outing. Every ride I went on Ang was shouting at me that my boobs were out!!! And they were!!! I looked down and my shirt was blowing around so much that it was no longer covering what it was supposed to be covering!! This became the ongoing joke of the day. Then it was Ang's turn. On the first hill of the biggest coaster I rode that day she dropped her phone!! Are you kidding me? I was her riding partner of course and lucky for her I was, cause I caught that sucker with my foot!! Yes, I caught her cell phone while being hurtled sideways down a hill at a very high rate of speed and slammed sideways back and forth. I'm just awesome like that!! She couldn't believe I caught it. Her daughter was in the seat behind us screaming at us cause it was her phone. When the ride stopped the guy in front of us asked if it was a black phone. We said yea, and it turned out that he had half of it in his lap. We slapped that sucker back together and got the hell off that ride!





We went up in the Eiffel Tower and I took this shot. I also was reminded of my great fear of heights. I could barely take this picture. Getting close to the edge (which is completely enclosed) was even terrifying to me. I think it gets worse as I get older.




Katie rode a lot of rides with Jayke in the kid section. We were glad she was there. She also played games with him while we waited on the others.




We had a great day. Got there at 11:00 a.m. and I finally took Jayke to the car at 9:30 p.m. He walked the whole day without complaing once. He didn't mind waiting on the others occasionally where most kids would have a fit that they weren't getting to ride something or play a game at all times. The only rough moment we had was at the very end of the night when everyone decided to ride the big water ride. Jayke, of course, wanted to go with Matt. They headed off and when I got him back he was absolutely soaked from head to toe and BLUE all over! He looked like a drowned Smurf. He then had his meltdown. He was cold and miserable and I didn't blame him. Lucky for him he has a mother who anticipated this and planned ahead. I had dry undies, socks, shirt, shorts, pajama bottoms, and a sweatshirt in the car for him so I took him out ahead of everyone else so he could get changed into dry clothes while he had privacy. He wouldn't have changed if the others were there.


No one else brought extra clothes so it was a miserable ride home for them. I could not wait to get home. I was so sore and worn out. Today I can barely move. Every part of me hurts. Not sure if that is from the rides, from being completely out of shape, or from my advanced age. Maybe it is all of the above...all I know is I definitely needed today to recover. If we go back next year I may need to start a workout regimen a month in advance to prepare!!















No comments: