Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Should Not Have Gotten Up Today...



Not a happy boy at the dentist today. Not a happy mom either. I'm not going to blame this totally on him because I should have been on him to brush his teeth more often and better. 5 cavities today!! FIVE!! That is how many I've had in my entire life. that is $600 AFTER insurance pays!! All in baby teeth...so now what? Do I waste the money to have them filled or try to wait it out and hope he loses them before they start to hurt?? The dentist said one definitely has to be done now so I guess both of the ones on that side are going to get filled. The other side...probably won't. First of all, if they aren't going to hurt then I'm not going to waste the money. Second of all, I probably won't ever be able to get him back in the dentist's office again after this. He is not the best patient to begin with and this will more than likely finish him off with the dentist.

The appointment is set for the 30th. I may need to self medicate before dragging him in there. We have been working on "The world's loosest tooth" for weeks now. That is what the dentist called it. Jayke stood in front of the mirror and wiggled it for about 30 minutes tonight. As soon as he saw the first hint of blood he was fa-reaking out! I've never seen a kid react to blood the way he does. Every time he gets a scratch it's as if he is panicking that it is all going to leak out before he can slap a SpongeBob band aid on it to stop it. Unfortunately we cannot put band aids on teeth. The tooth is still hanging on and after witnessing today's appointment and the freak out over the bloody tooth, I can only imagine what the next appointment will be like.

This was the beginning of my day...at 2:00 p.m. Why does my day start so late? Because I have bronchitis that is causing me to wheeze and keeping me up all night. The coughing or the feeling of the wheezing doesn't keep me up, just the sound. I thought I had a solution and turned the tv up so that I couldn't hear the wheezing but then I started watching the movie that was on and ended up staying up till it was over. That was around 4 a.m. This is the third night in a row for this ridiculousness. I may need to drink an adult beverage...or 3 tonight to make myself go to sleep.

After the disaster at the dentist, I took The Boy to Meijer to get dental floss and a bottle of mouthwash with fluoride. We are instilling a new oral hygiene regimen. This will not happen again. My wonderful day continued once I got in the store. While checking out I had a big bag of dog food rip open and spill all over the floor. I could have gone and gotten a broom and dust pan from the cleaning supply aisle myself and taken care of it faster than the fine employees of Meijer did. Frustrated. I'm ready to get the heck out of there. On the way to the car my bronchitis kicks back in and I start hacking like a barking seal. I'm pretty sure the lady walking into the store thought I had tuberculosis or some other air borne pathogen because she immediately crossed to the far side of the aisle. I was trying to get into the car as quickly as possible to hopefully get the coughing under control and in my haste I snatched up a grocery sack which ripped in half. The only fortuitous moment of the day was when I managed to catch the bottom of the ripped bag before I was doused in Ortega taco sauce. I needed to get back to the safety of my sofa ASAP!!

I made it home without incident and decided it was probably a good idea to not go back out or do much of anything else today. It is not looking good for me today. I hope this bone rattling cough goes away soon so I can get back on track!

No comments: