We survived the dentist! I think I may have been more worried about this than he was. I considered asking for my own shot of nitrous when we got in there but I knew I couldn't afford it! The Boy did amazingly well. I was completely shocked.
When I picked him up from school he immediately started bombarding me with questions about what was going to happen. I didn't want to give him too much detail...I wasn't too sure what he already knew either. I hadn't told him anything. For instance, getting a shot hadn't been mentioned at all. Apparently he had been discussing it with his pals though because he had all kinds of info. He knew there was going to be a shot and HE told me that when they put him on the gas it would just make him relaxed and feel a little funny then the shot would only feel like a little pinch. I'm guessing his friends don't have very good oral hygiene either considering they seem to be experts on the subject. Hunter is the one who provided him with the most info. I actually should thank him because what he told Jayke made it go way better than it would had I been the one to explain it to him. I don't think he trusts me to give him the facts or something.
All was good until he saw the mask and she explained how it would go over his nose. She leaned him back and put it over his face and the tears started to roll out of the sides of his eyes. He reached for me to hold his hand (all though he denies this now) and lay there with his chin quivering. All of a sudden he started to smile and laugh a little. Then, "I LIKE THIS STUFF!! IT MAKES ME FEEL FUNNY!" I don't know if having the mask covering his nose made him not be able to hear, because he was shouting everything. The girl then told me that it was time for me to go out. Jayke said okay and as I left the room he was waving frantically with a goofy smile on his face, yelling, "BYE MOMMY!!" I was cracking up.
The dentist came out after the shot and told me he was doing great. When they were all done he marched in holding a new squirt gun and a bouncy balloon with his cheek swollen and red. This was the worst part. He hated his face being swollen and his lip numb. He turned into a real grouch and fell asleep in the car. About two hours later all was normal again. All that worry on my part was for nothing. I'm still very glad it is over with though. He told me he likes going to the dentist now. If that is true then he takes after me and AJ...we are both weirdos who like going to the dentist and nap through root canals. I'm waiting for the other 3 teeth...hopefully he can lose them before they get bad enough to need filling!
No comments:
Post a Comment