I realize this isn't the best picture. Our field is in the shade and I was having to zoom on my iPhone...not the best option for photographing. Needed something to blog the first night of football though.
Jayke is playing flag football for the first time this fall. We are still doing Soccer too. Soccer is Monday and Wednesdays and football practice is Fridays with games on Saturdays and Sundays. I put him in to hopefully toughen him up a little bit. I figured he would hate it but I was wrong. He LOVES it...so far. They haven't had any contact yet so we will see what happens after that. I think I learned more about football this evening than I ever knew! It is definately a different atmosphere than soccer. These coaches are SERIOUS!! They yell at them and are pretty gruff. At first I was thinking this was a bad idea. I'm going to end up getting in a fight out here if these guys keep yelling at my kid like that, but after watching for a while I saw that it wasn't mean...it was constructive just in a different way than what we are used to. This is where the toughening up begins..I guess for both of us. Should be interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment