Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's Wet and Muddy Out...Must be Soccer Time!



It's soccer time again and these two dudes are are serious about their soccer!! LOL. They aren't on the same team which I think may be a good thing since tackling, their favorite activity, is not allowed in soccer.

Jayke played really well. I was impressed. I think the winter clinics really helped. There are two stand-outs on his team and he is one of them. I'm not just saying that because I'm his mom either. He did start to slow down about halfway through the game and I figured it was just tiredness left over from him having the flu last week. Nope. I was wrong. By the time we got home he was running a fever and a couple hours later he was throwing up. Guess he is having a relapse. Poor guy.

I was a very happy mom when he was throwing up. I know that sounds weird but I was. I do not do puke. Period, end of story. I've been lucky that he has not gotten sick very often. Last night I realized I must have put the fear of God in him about puking ANYWHERE but in the toilet. He came out of his room screaming like a maniac, made it to the bathroom, no problem. I was very proud of him. AND very relieved that I didn't have to clean up. I was also a little amused at the screaming...I'm not gonna lie. Screaming on his way to the bathroom and screaming all the way through until he was done. Screaming? Oh well, whatever works for him as long as I don't have to clean anything up.

He is feeling better this afternoon. He had made his sympathy call before I even got out of bed. Got up and called Oma to tell her he was sick. She was over pretty quick with some supplies. He didn't manage to convince her that he needed to go home with her though. Poor kid, now he is stuck here arguing with me all afternoon about the fact that just because he is feeling better does not mean that he can go out to play now. No school, no outside!!

No comments: