As always I have spent days browsing photos of cakes online trying to decide what it will be this year. My obsessing over the cake began his very first birthday. We had a neighbor, who owns her own bakery, bake the cake. it was an Elmo cake and she even made him his own little tiny cake that he could tear into. I don't have a picture because I've changed computers too many times but trust me it was cute! Cheryl makes the best cakes ever! For birthdays number two and three we were in South Carolina so I had to just buy a cake at the grocery bakery. Spongebob for number 2 and Cars(the movie) was the theme for number 3. It was cute but not like one of Cheryl's. Birthday number 4 was held at Escapades where you have to purchase the cake from them. It was a Scooby Doo cake. Cute but again, not the same. This all brings us to birthday number 5 and the BEST birthday cake any kid has ever had!
I found a picture of what I wanted and Cheryl tweaked it a little and made this baby for The Boy! Loved it! For birthday number 6 I decided I better tone it down a little. That 3tier cake was pretty pricey (Thanks Dad for buying it for him) Cheryl still made the cake so it was great...
Spongebob again. The Boy loves his Spongebob. As you can see the birthday has become all about the cake for me. I have to have something to obsess over and if I let it be whether or not anyone is going to show up I will go crazy...so I focus on the cake. I have found several great pictures of cakes but I think I've let my dad talk me into a simple sheet cake this year. I can tell you I am going with a soccer theme. The Lego cake I found probably would have cost about a hundred dollars but it would have taken a great picture! LOL Here it is (remember I'm NOT getting this one)

The soccer cake that I really wanted was this one...

I'm not really sure I would know how to cut this thing though. I finally decided to send four pictures of cakes I like to my dad and let him talk to Cheryl (she is his neighbor) and now I will just be surprised right along with Jaykeb when the cake gets to the party. I don't have too many more of these birthday parties to get all worked up over so I'm taking full advantage while I still can! The day is coming when he won't want a silly birthday party anymore but I can hope he will still want a cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment