No pictures of The Boy on stage at his Christmas sing again this year. I did manage to get a seat right down in front this year but unfortunately we weren't as lucky with Jayke's placement on stage. Last year he was in the very front row and was even chosen to be one of the six children who got to play the bongos for one number. I, however, was stuck up in the balcony and couldn't get a picture of him. This year I planned ahead and got there plenty early to save a seat for Oma, Opa, Bob, and Alec so that we could all see Mason and Jayke and be sure to get pictures. Turns out I wasted my time. Mason was up first and was stuck standing behind the mucsic teacher so that we could barely see him at all. Couldn't get a good shot.
The first graders traditionally get to perform the frand finale at the program so Jayke was up last. Once again...time wasted getting there early to save seats in the very front. Jayke was 3 rows back and standing behind a very big kid so none of us could see him at all. I was able to get glimpses of him every now and then but they were brief and I definately couldn't get a picture. So...we sat through that entire program and weren't even able to see him.
I took the picture above when we got home just so I would have one in his collar shirt that he HATED! When he put it on I was talking to Mason's dad on the phone and he said, "I know that is Bob!! Ask him if he has one of these STUPID SHIRTS!" I was just trying to put him in something different than what he wore last year...geesh! You would think I asked him to wear a tutu or something the way he carried on. At least I now have an entire year before I have to worry about this again. Darn Christmas program!! I may boycott!
No comments:
Post a Comment