Monday, September 14, 2009

A Student AND an Athlete

I had no idea there would be so much homework in kindergarten!! The Boy missed a day of school last week and when he came home the next day he even had make-up work to do. So far he doesn't mind doing homework. He gets most of it on Fridays so I make him sit down as soon as he gets off the bus and do it to get it out of the way and lets be honest, mostly so I don't forget to have him do it. I wo my homework while he is doing his. I go through all the notes from the school and fill out anything that needs to go back to school. We also go through the menu for the following week and decide IF he will eat each day. He seems to like to take his lunch about once a week. I get his lunch money ready and back in the bag so I won't forget that either. Proof for my parents that yes, I do know how to be organized sometimes!



Soccer started tonight. I don't know who was more worn out The Boy or his mother. I felt like I had played or something. I'm not used to getting up at 6a.m. and going all day. We didn't get home until almost 7:30 then there was dinner, homework, and a bath. By the time that was done it was bedtime. Good thing we took those naps after school! LOL

I think soccer will be more fun for him this time because he is now one of the older ones on the team again. He came close to scoring a couple of goals tonight and saw one of his friends from his class. He has a couple of friends he talks about everyday now, Ian and Ben. I guess there was a playground incident Friday that his friend, Ben, tried to save him from. Some girl was choking him on the playground because he wouldn't play with Parker. I don't know who Parker or this girl is but if she chokes my boy again I may have to go find her...or put him back in karate so he can take care of her himself!

1 comment:

Monogram Queen said...

Oh boy don't make me dread Kindergarten, we are doing okay in 4k so far!

You've got a great boy there Wendy!