Thursday, September 24, 2009

As you can see, Jayke and Luna are good friends now. She even cries and looks for him when I get home from work before the bus drops him off. He says she is his favorite kitty. I don't bother mentioning she is his ONLY kitty.



Grandparent's Day is coming up at school. We had to send in pictures of the grandparents. I tell ya what, school is more work for me than I ever imagined. I spent days looking through all my stuff trying to find pictures to send in. I couldn't find any that were recent enough so I had to go take one. I found one of my dad and "Other Mother" to send but not of my mom and Jim so I went and made them sit for a picture. I had to order the others to be printed and picked up at Walgreens. When I got there to pick them up turns out I didn't hit the confirm order button so they weren't there. I had to go back home and do it all over again. Spent two days on that! If I had time I would have gone to Dad's and gotten a new one of them with Jayke too but there wasn't time and Mom is in Florida.



We also had an art project to do together at home the other night. We had to decorate a paper pumpkin that will hang from the ceiling in his classroom. We made one side a pirate and the other was just a jack-o-lantern but anyone who knows me knows I couldn't just cut out some shapes and glue them on. No, I had to make crepe paper hair and use scrapping felt bat stickers for eyes. We used black cardboard letters that spelled Jaykeb for the mouth. It is awesome! I even let him help me with MY art project! LOL I guess I should tell the truth...Jayke did glue everything on but I showed him where to put it all. I looked at it later after he had gone to bed and decided there was no way the teacher would believe that he helped with it so I pulled a couple things off and glued them back on a little crooked. I know...I'm scandalous!!

3 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Yes I agree - school is work but so worth it! :)

Bella said...

Glad you're blogging again, missed the Jayke stories!

Wendy said...

Thanks Katie. I missed telling them!