Thursday, January 08, 2009

I should have written this yesterday....oh well, here goes...

I have had two requests from friends now to update this thing. They may not be "Commenters" but at least I know someone reads this other than my family who are required by law.

Yesterday was my one year anniversary at my wonderful place of employment. Yeah rah. I so should have written this yesterday when I was amused with the place instead of ready to quit, but anyhoo...Since it was my anni I promptly went to Jessica's office when I got there to ask where my balloons, streamers, and marching band were. Afterall, an employee like me should be celebrated right? Right! She told me happy f'n anniversary and went back to what she was doing. Shes just sweet like that. I smiled waved my favorite finger at her and strolled on down the hall.

I went to my office and dove right into my work like I do every morning...snicker...when all of a sudden the owner popped in. She handed me something and told me it was the best she could do and happy anniversary. I was so touched that she would take time out of her busy day, doing whatever it is she does in that mess of an office of hers, to come bestow a gift upon me in celebration of me gracing her with my presence for an entire year. So, what did she give me you ask? What does the bestest employee eva get on her anni? Well let me show ya....





You may be asking yourself what the hell is that? I totally would have been too if I hadn't made floral arrangements for ten years before I became a slave to the medical billing world. That, my friends, is a Christmas bulb which has been floral taped to a wooden floral pick that she pulled out of the arrangement in the board room. You gotta love a boss with a sense of humor like that! No one gets anything for their anniversary cept a review but I got this special gift. Something no one else got or probably ever will!

I immediately called Jessica to tell her what a smart a** she is. She didn't know about the special gift but had sent an email to Jill about my inquiring about my marching band and streamers. Of course, she thought her creativity in coming up with the appropriate show of appreciation was outstanding. I have to admit it was pretty funny and I felt special even if it was the two of them laughing at me. Like she told me Monday, whilst glaring at me over her tissue,..."I just joke with you because you're the only one I can talk to like that and not find crying in their office later!" I can feel the love people.


I may have a Christmas update someday soon. That will be after Sara has me make contact with Miss Cleo to find out what my future may hold...

7 comments:

Bella said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Sounds like you have fun people to work with.

Wendy said...

Bella...they are most days. Not today though, that is why I should have written this last night. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

what the hell,is this miss cleo crap

Wendy said...

Well, Anonymous...unless I know who you are I can't tell!

Tresa said...

Is miss cleo a fortune teller? I think i need one to see if Cassie is ever going to go potty and if I'm EVER going to find a job and make some money and if Caleb is going to play for the NHL and support me later in life.

Monogram Queen said...

Congrats - i'd gladly trade you offices. Gladly. This humor-less hell hole i'm in. Well, nevermind. This is about YOU, not ME, so Happy Anniversary hon!!!!

Oh and if you see Miss Cleo as that beyotch when i'm going to hit the lotto big?! k?!

Wendy said...

If I run into Miss Cleo I will ask all the questions y'all have listed that you are pondering...and many many more trust me!