Sunday, July 20, 2008

Yep I Saw It


I finally got to go see the new Batman movie last night. I know it sounds weird that I say finally since it has only been out since Thursday at midnight but we had plans to see it that night...didn't make it. Had plans to see it Friday night...didn't make it. So, finally I got to see it Saturday. It was worth the wait.

I know I have mentioned before how I am not a "Chic Flick" kinda girl. I like my movies loud, full of action, or as dramatic as they can make 'em. Romantic comedy? Pass. Don't get me wrong, I will watch a romantic comedy or plain ol comedy if I am forced to or there is nothing else on television but if you ask me to choose between mushy gushy girl movie or shoot em up action packed thriller I'm going with the thriller EVERY time!

My movie preference has been a problem for me over the years because most of my friends like the dreaded romantic comedies. Even the husband liked them. I had a hard time getting to see a movie I wanted to see for many years. Now I have Sara. Sara likes the same kind of movies I do. Now I know if there is a movie I want to see I have someone to go see it with. We also drag Nate along. He is agreeable and just goes along with whatever we say...so far. He just complains about it later.

Okay, back to The Batman. It was good. I wouldn't say great. That could be because of the anticipation factor. Once I build something up in my mind it usually never compares when it actually happens. It dragged a little now and then and was about 30 minutes too long but Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker was phenomenal! I totally see why they are talking Oscar for his role. The bad thing about it is they will never be able to replace him in the sequel. They might as well kill the Joker off and forget about him. No one will do it better. This may be the first year I am actually looking forward to watching the Oscars to see if he wins. I might have to attend Annette's annual Oscar party this year.

I think I have seen more movies in the past 2 months than I have in the past 3 years! I missed going to the movies. Jaykeb still can't really sit through an entire one. He usually falls asleep. Speaking of The Boy, he is in SC and doing fine. He now has his own cell phone. Yes, he is only 4 years old and NO I did not agree to him having one but apparently that didn't matter. Mike thinks he will call him more if he has his own phone. He may be correct because he has called me 3 times today. The last time was to tell me they had set the tent up in the yard and were camping out. He sounds like he is having fun and I'm glad. Yes...I really am. I was afraid he would have weird feeling about being back there and seeing the house empty but so far so good. Probably harder for me than him.

I feel a little lost without him here. I feel like I'm forgetting to do something constantly. It will be good that I'm training at work all week. Keep me busy. Nate and Sara seem determined to keep me busy too...coming over to hang out all weekend when they knew that Jayke would be leaving. I also have my friggin Ipod to keep me busy. It has almost gotten tossed in the pond a few times today! I switched to my laptop when trying to load music on it and for some reason it won't sync with the laptop. I think I'm going to have to haul the laptop over to a friend who is a computer guy and have him figure it out. He already has this laptop working way faster by telling me how to secure my router. Now I need him to save my poor little Ipod from a watery grave!

3 comments:

Bella said...

My brother saw it yesterday, said it was good not quite what he was expecting, but he liked it.

Monogram Queen said...

I have no expectations of it but I do want to see it.

I hope Jayke has a great time with his Daddy!

tommie said...

I wondered if it would be worth it to try to see it this last weekend...but we got too busy.

I hope your time without Jayke flies by....