Thursday, July 17, 2008

Leaving But Not on A Jet Plane

I hate feeling slow. I feel slow at work again. Training sucks. The entire time I'm training on my new job I am running through my mind what all I have to do for the day on my old job. How do I keep getting stuck doing TWO different jobs in that joint? Yes, I'm getting paid more but I'm not getting paid for TWO jobs. I don't get anymore hours in the day. I don't have two extra hands. Yes, I am complaining already...get over it. I will probably complain a lot more before the middle of August when I will finally be able to turn the credit cards, checks, and medical records over to someone else. I'm interested to see how it goes when I'm training on my own new job and trying to train someone else to do my old job. That will be fun. You may not hear from me that week or two.

Jaykeb goes to South Carolina to visit his dad for a week tomorrow. This will be his first trip away. There are so many things I'm worried about with this but I'm not going to get into it on here. It is a good thing I will be occupied with training next week to keep me busy. Going to miss that little turkey. 10 days is a long time when I haven't been away from him in a couple of years now for more than two days. It will be a long time for him to be away from me too. He may end up coming home early. We've talked about that and Mike says he will bring him back early if he is having a hard time. I think he will be fine though.

2 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

I think it will probably be good for the two of you to get a break from each other, seriously. It is good that Mike is cognizant of Jake's feelings and will bring him back if he is having a hard time though. Hope the little guy has a great time with his Daddy.

Complain all you want honey, it is YOUR blog :) Just getting it out sometimes helps. Believe me, I know. I am getting paid the bucks to sit and blog these days. It might sound good but makes for a damn L-O-N-G day and no, I can't leave early either.

Bella said...

Good luck with the training!