Guess where we went last night! Yep the fair. I wasn't going to go but it was $1 night so Jayke and I hauled ourselves down there to meet up with Laura and her family, Autumn and her two kids, and Sara.
I ended up being glad they went and really happy we ran into Autumn since she has a little boy, Logan, who is 7 months younger than Jaykeb. They knew each other from VBS. They rode all the rides together...so cute! Here is a picture of the four kids, Riley, Hannah, Jaykeb, and Logan riding the dinosaurs. Getting one they were all semi-smiling in was a miracle!
Yes, we did come home with a fish. No, Jayke did not win it...his mom did. We added a fish to the table where the turtle sits. I don't remember if I wrote about the turtle. Mike brought Jayke a turtle last time he was here. Yes, it is the teeny tiny kind that carry salmonella so NO Jaykeb is NOT allowed to touch it. Yes, I have found out that he has messed with the turtle and not washed his hands immediately. I got him in there immediately after discovering this though and we were fine. I had a talk with him and he understands now that he can't mess with the turtle unless I am with him and because my kid is so good about not doing something he has been told not to I'm not worried. That wasn't a sarcastic statement either If I tell Jaykek not to do something he just doesn't ever again. It is actually pretty amazing.
This was Sara's favorite chicken. A silky. I think they are pretty cute too and man did the smell of that chicken barn bring back some childhood memories! My grandpa used to raise chickens and it would turn into a family affair but that is another blog for another day. Don't distract me...it is so easily done!
I always have a pic of the kid on the merry go round.
Last but not least, is the very first ride they went on...the roller coaster. Jaykeb love it! I think he is going to be a coaster junkie like his dad is and like his mom was. I probably still like them just haven't been on one in long time. This wasn't the kiddos first time of course...he's an old pro at riding. We hit fairs and carnivals in SC all the time. I wondered if he would be scared this time but he wasn't at all. Unfortunately he is still vertically challenged and couldn't get on on all the rides he wanted to go on. Next summer for sure!
That was about it for the fair. Sara and I did take the kiddo through the barns to see all the animals, which he loved. He had cotton candy but we passed on the rest of the fair food because Sara had gotten food poisoning there the night before and I didn't want to be up all night puking like she had been the night before. We left there and hit the Target. I needed a few things for my NEW OFFICE! Sara...stop reading here!
Yesterday I was promoted at work...and given a raise. Bout time they recognize! They actually moved quite a few people around and one of them was me! I sort of knew about this Friday but wasn't supposed to talk about it until it was official. I start training for my new job this morning. I will still be doing my old job in the afternoons and will begin training the girl taking my position on August 1st. I'm going to miss those little credit card slips...NOT!
The only bad thing about this move is that I no longer share an office with Sara. In fact, I'm clear on the opposite side of the building from her now. She has a plan to put her desk in the hall and day by day inch it back towards me...we will see how that goes.
I packed all my crap up and hauled it all back to my new office yesterday. You know me people, I already was doing a mental inventory of my stuff in storage to see what pictures I want to hang and planning what florals I need to make. I told my boss, Jessica, I would be accepting house warming gifts after 3p.m. this afternoon in my new office. She looked at me and said all she wanted to know is where I will be keeping the candy dish and when it will be refilled. Sigh Some things change but mostly they stay the same.
Yea for me! Can you see me patting myself on the back? Well, I am trust me.
3 comments:
I can't wait until Fair time alas the Coastal Carolina Fair isn't til' late October. Maybe i'll make it to the State Fair in early October.
Glad to see y'all had a good time.
Congrats on the promotion!
what fair food did you have? I can't resist a good funnel cake!
Congrats on the promotion!
Post a Comment