Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Don't Want to Wear a Grouchy Shirt!



Sorry...camera phone again...

It is fitting that this little guy is sitting on my desk this week. Pretty much sums up my attitude. Reminds me also that about a year ago Jayke wouldn't wear green because he didn't want to wear a "grouchy shirt"! Oscar is technically there to remind me that it is my week to collect the trash and make sure it finds its way to the dumpster. I'm going to give him another assignment though. He will also serve as a reminder to me to try to be friendly on the phones. A job that is getting harder and harder as the patients seem to be getting more and more difficult. The good news is they finally hired a new receptionist who will start on Monday. I will then get to go back to only doing my job.

We got our new air conditioner put in today! You can't understand how happy this makes me. The one we had didn't cool the upstairs which is where Jayke and I live. It started out bad and only got worse two days ago when it completely pooped out. Wonder why appliances always break on a Sunday? Anyway, two sweaty days later we now have a big new air conditioner that makes it nice and frosty upstairs AND a new furnace to cook us in the winter.

I have a new project I'm working on. It is trying to get Grammy to stop answering the door with her shirt completely unbuttoned and wide open to the world. Just a little personal goal I have. So far I'm failing.


Tonight was the first night Jaykeb has spent with me since Thursday! He was with his dad this weekend then when our air went out he elected to stay at my mom's cushy pad instead of sweatin' it out with his ol mom. Wimp. No, really, he was sick and it was better for him to stay over there. He came home tonight and just kept hugging me like he hadn't seen me for a year. Makes a mom feel good that the kiddo can't even go 4 nights without missing her.

Finally this...


....today is my dad's birthday! Happy birthday to him...he doesn't look at this thing very often but I'm throwing this on here just in case.

Now I'm taking my heavily medicated bootwah (as Jayke puts it) to bed! Goodnight...or good morning rather.

3 comments:

tommie said...

Happy birthday...


and always a good reminder!

Bella said...

Happy birthday to your dad!

I keep a little bottle of vodka on my desk, in case of emergency.

Wendy said...

Tommie--thanks!

Bella--Vodka may be a better idea than Oscar.