Monday, June 09, 2008

All Holes Repaired


This is a hole in a tree that a woodpecker made...has nothing to do with anything other than I'm talking about holes today...holes in the road, holes in my tire, and holes in my teeth!


Well, the root canals are done. The tire and wheel on my car have been replaced so now maybe I can forget about that stupid pot hole. Forget about it but still remember to avoid it on my way home. The day after I hit it my Gramma called and got them to patch it but two weeks later it has opened up again and is the big gaping hole that tried to eat my car. I actually saw someone hit it on the way home today. He was lucky and didn't get a flat though. One thing I know for sure is that you don't want to be in the sights of an 85 year-old woman with nothing better to do though. She will have that hole fixed soon enough, I'm sure!

Root canals, however not fun, are also not so bad. My mouth hurts quite a bit this evening but it is not from the root canals, it is from them having to dig the filling out of my gums that had fallen out and gotten shoved repeatedly into my flesh. THAT hurts. I actually fell asleep during the canals. I go back in a couple of weeks to get my permanent crowns. I got all ambitious and scheduled cleanings for both the kiddo and myself too!

More rain, wind, and thunder tonight. My dad's yard took a beating in the storm the other night. He lost a lot of big trees. We haven't had any storm damage other than the fountain in the pond is no longer working. I HATE when the fountain is not on. Too quite. I like to hear it at night through my balcony door when I'm laying in bed. It's restful. I think they are going to fix it next week or the week after.

I get to go back to work while still on pain meds tomorrow. Should be an interesting day of trying to get patients to figure out which doctor they saw and/or which facility they were seen at. I don't for the life of me understand how they never seem to know this information but they don't and it seems to now be my job to talk them through locating this information on their pretty little pink statement they are holding in their sweaty little paws! "Above the PO Box, what does it say?" "No! ABOVE the PO BOX!" Do me a favor people. If you're calling to pay your medical bills tomorrow, KNOW WHO YOUR DOCTOR WAS OR AT LEAST WHICH HOSPITAL YOU WENT TO!!!

New slide show at the very bottom of the page for those who didn't get yesterday's memo!

1 comment:

Bella said...

Hope tomorrow goes good for you!