I was dreading Mother's Day this year. Figured I wouldn't get anything and it would just be a big reminder of the situation I'm in but it turns out it is going to be great! First, I got my gift early this year. My super sweet son took his piggy bank and cashed in all his coins then had Oma take him to the mall. Jaykeb and I had been shopping a few days ago and we talked about these four purses. He had Oma take him back and he picked out which one he wanted to get me. Then he got me this super cute bracelet that has charms on it that say, "Loved" and other sentiments. He even picked out the gift bag himself. He picked one for a baby gift but that made it even more cute. I will take pictures of this stuff later...my memory card is in my purse because I have a ton of pictures to develop from the past few days.
Tomorrow morning at school we are having Muffins for Moms and I know they have made things for their moms too. I am going to church with a friend on Sunday and the kids will give all the moms flowers and the day is dedicated to moms. We have also taken care of the grandmas but that will all happen on Sunday.
The BEST thing about all of this celebration of moms was how excited The Boy was to take his money and buy something for me. He was so excited he couldn't wait to give it to me. He called me at work to see when I was coming home and as soon as I walked through the door he yelled Happy Mother's Day and started pulling my gifts out of the bag to give to me. He was more excited about giving gifts than he is about receiving them and that makes me proud of him. He kept hugging me and telling me how much he loves me. What a good kid.
After all of that excitement he had a brilliant idea. He was sitting there and all of a sudden he said, "I know! Now we can have a kid's day and Mommy can buy me something!" At least he was into giving for a little while.
3 comments:
That is so sweet!
I have heard that from time to time "so when is it kids day" ummm honey EVERYDAY is kids day.....until you turn 18 then you are on your own!
The little things are the sweetest!
Oh... and i'm totally with Cheeky!
Post a Comment