
Last year for Mother's Day I got a new car. This year was much better though. I'm not saying anything against Mike or his gift giving abilities...I'm just saying that sometimes the little meaningful gifts can be way better than the big expensive ones. Jaykeb got me the bracelet and purse I already mentioned two posts ago and he made me a craft in school and planted a flower for me. A little sad looking flower planted in a styrofoam cup never looked so good! I also got a card from him at my Dad's today that had a gas gift card in it. God knows I need that right now! God and Laura both know how much I need it.
I went to church with Laura today and got lots of packets of flower seeds from her little one. Went to my dad's after that...yeah, I go to my Dad's on Mother's Day, weird I know. I see my Mom everyday though and I gave her her gifts yesterday. I go to Dad's on holidays since I don't see them very often. He served all us mothers pizza for dinner and we had our favorite dirt pudding. Just what I needed. It will be diet food all week and lots of bouncing around on the exercise ball. I get one splurge day a week and this may have counted for two weeks! Oh well Mother's Day only comes around once a year.
On top of all that fun stuff I also went to a purse party Saturday. I treated myself to a Mother's Day gift and got two Dolce purses, a Chanel purse, a Coach keychain, and a Chanel wallet. I have been saving up for this thing for a while! I'm having my own purse party in late August or early September.
It was a good Mother's Day WEEKEND!
2 comments:
Glad to hear you had a good one Wendy!
Girl that is a SERIOUS load of purses you got!!! You must post the stash!
Post a Comment