What is it with men and their meat? They are constantly buying something bigger and better to cook it in or on. If you ask me it is just something else to have to find a place for. Opa got this new smoker the other day and had to smoke some ribs out in the driveway. He first had to destroy my mom's kitchen though whipping up his homemade rub and sauce. I don't know how long it took this meat to cook but they were setting up when I dropped Jayke off before work in the morning and the meat came off the smoker at 6p.m. That is a lot of work when Damon's is just down the road! Seriously they were good though. Jayke loves ribs!

As you can see Opa had an assistant helping him all day. Jaykeb even asked my mom to leave so he could hang out with just Opa. Just a couple of guys bonding over some meat.

There were some other activities going on in the driveway while that meat was smoking too. We will just call this Jayke's version of bobsledding. You take a rolling gardening stool, add one Oma, and one fearless child and you have Garden Carting! No, I did not take a ride on the garden cart. If anyone were to fall off the thing it would be me.

One good push and kiddo went flying all the way down the driveway into the grass. Others were brave enough to take a turn on the flying garden cart and because of my fear of my mother killing me I am not showing the end results of this ride. Lets just say that all three of them, my mom, Jayke, and the cart ended up in a heap in the yard. I have action shots the entire way but I know she would not be happy about them ending up on here. They were not of her most flattering side.

Grammy came over for some spicy smoked ribs too. It was the first really nice day so we all just hung in the driveway with the men and their meat. Jayke is already working on his tan as I'm working on not getting a sunburn. Lucky kid got his dad's good skin. Mine just burns.

I have to give a brief earthquake update. When I got up and went downstairs Grammy wanted to know if I had fealt it. I told her yes and she told me that she woke up thinking my dogs had somehow gotten in the house and were underneath her bed scratching themselves and making her bed shake. I heard many more stories all day at work of what others thought it was and I guess Grammy's theory wasn't so far off...turns out several people thought it was their dogs scratching and making the bed shake. Bed shaking yes, but making the pictures above the bed bang on the wall is something else!
5 comments:
Glad you all are ok!
I have eaten at a Damon's...! But yes, most men do like to do 'man stuff' with smokers and grills!
We were in a mongo earthquake when we live in Fairbanks. I'll take tornados any day!
Glad you are fine.
looks like fun... having someone else cook for a change and the cart racing.
i'm happy to finally have some warmer weather
Wendy,
Love the story line.
Would be nice to see a photo of Grammy once in a while.
Not every child can have such moments with Gr. Grandmother.
Keep up the good work. We love to see the photos and progress of The Boy!
kec
Yay for good ribs, Stacy & Mad love them - me not so much. I would definitely take a turn on the garden card bobsled!
Post a Comment