Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Batter Up!

I finally got Jayke into a baseball league playing t-ball. Not my first choice but my second. We are going to be busy now. This means there will be more super cute pictures of the wee one in a cute little uniform. That and he will be playing the sport he is the best at. Hopefully he will be okay with hitting the ball off a tee...he likes to be pitched to. That will take some getting used to.



This was taken after leaving the ballpark the other night. We went to watch Angi's son practice and let the kids play on the playground. We hit the Delta Queen afterwards for icecream. Kiddo was two fisted.

The Boy is still refusing to kick the ball at soccer. He runs all over the field chasing it but won't kick it. He does great when they are practicing their skills but as soon as they start the game something happens to him. Guess we will have to drag our goals out in the yard and recruit some grandparents to play against us to get him used to taking the ball away from someone. Oma went with us tonight so she understands what the problem is now.

Jayke is going to be staying with gradparents during the summer instead of going to school. One good thing about this is he will be learning to swim while at my dad's. I enlisted Meemaw and Ppa for daycare/swimming lessons. Jaykeb is also finally going to get his own bedroom. He doesn't have one right now in Grammy's house but we are going to fix that very soon. I have fealt bad that he doesn't have his own room so we are turning the playroom into his bedroom. He can just play in his bedroom. He has been promised by his dad that if he starts sleeping in his own bed that he will get bunk beds. Jayke has been obsessed with bunk beds for as long as I can remember. He doesn't really ask for much so we figured we can give him this if he does his part. I will probably end up sleeping in the bottom bunk some nights.

It's looking like we are going to have a busy summer. We have already kicked off the season with the tradition of my mom getting the lawnmower stuck in the mud and Jim having to come pull her out with his truck. You would think she would learn her lesson but she doesn't ever seem to. She does this every year! She has a record with lawnmowers. When she was a kid she drove my grandpa's brand new lawn mower straight into the pond. I'm surprised anyone lets her on one anymore. Oh well, as long as my yard gets mowed it's all good!

3 comments:

tommie said...

How old is he??? Will has been obsessed with "two-bedders" for about a year. He will be five this summer.

During the transition time with Husband getting home, we have had a heck of a time with sleep. I am sure y'all are experiencing the same! Some nights, I am just like, 'crawl in bed, I am tired! We need to at least get some sleep!'

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Love that two fisted pic

Bella said...

Icecream sounds so yummy!