Sunday, February 03, 2008

Where's The Beef?

I called home last night to see if Gramma had eaten dinner yet and had the most amusing conversation of yet.

Gramma: "Hello?"
Me: "Have you eaten dinner yet?"
Gramma: "No! Who is this?"
Me: "It's Wendy!"
Gramma: "Oh, yeah I had some soup."
Me: "So it matters who it is as to whether or not you've eaten yet?"
Gramma: "Yes it does...who is this?"


YIKES! She did remember immediately that she had already asked that and began to crack up at herself but let me tell ya folks, it is kinda scary round here lately! Not only is her hearing getting way worse but now she has gone on some crazed meat cooking bender. She was quite proud of herself for calling the butcher at Marsh supermarket the other day and ordering a roast cut...then ordering my mom to go fetch it. She cooked that 6lb roast for me and Jayke then couldn't believe how much was left. Um...excuse me...this is the girl who is down to one meal a day and I had already had it that day and the kid who chews one bite of meat for 45 minutes straight before then spitting it in the trash can. Did ya really think we were going to eat a whole 6lb roast and why aren't you eating any? She only made the roast too...there was nothing else. I'm not complaining but 6lbs of roast is kind of an unusual meal. After Jayke and I didn't polish off that hunk-o-meat she decided she had to get it out of the house immediately and summoned my step-dad, Jim, to come take it away. Guess Jayke and I had our one and only shot at the roast because that sucker is gone!

Tonight she cooked a huge meat loaf. My aunt had sent out some hamburger because she bought too much and Gramma must have been obsessing about it because when Mike, Jayke, and I got home there was a huge meat loaf in the kitchen. None of us are big meat loaf eaters either. My mom called and gramma told her she couldn't call her all day because she was busy cooking meat. I've never seen so much meat in all my life! I told her after the meat loaf she was cut off! I'm sure she will make my mom come get that tomorrow. I should go buy a huge ham to put in the fridge tomorrow and really freak her out!

7 comments:

tommie said...

She does sound funny! I dare you to get the ham.

How's the visit with M going?

Bella said...

I double dog dare ya to get a ham!

Sandi said...

That's very funny. I guess we'll all get a little goofy as we get older. I've sure seen it in our parents. In some ways it's sad, but it does make for some great stories! And I love that she cooked a 6 lb roast and nothing else for dinner. What a hoot!

Monogram Queen said...

She sounds hilarious, oh my! Get the ham!

1 plus twins said...

man you have to go get that ham!!

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you won't have to cook for a week! LOL!

Anonymous said...

lol.

I could so go for a meatloaf and mayo sandwich right now. :)