Monday, February 18, 2008

A Scholar and an Athlete!

My little genius scored his first goal at soccer yesterday! It was so exciting. I was standing there all by myslef watching him run out in front of the mob of kids yelling my fool head off. I didn't even realize it was me yelling. He just turned around and grinned at me like he scores his first goal every day.

I asked him this afternoon if he heard me yelling...he said yes and looked a little embarassed. I'm still shocked I was actually yelling out loud. I'm usually pretty reserved at sporting events. I guess I couldn't help myself...it's not every day you get to watch your son score his first ever goal!

5 comments:

Tresa said...

you'll get used to it... i scream all the time at hockey and soccer. Tell Jayke congrats on the goal and for being a wiz kid

Bella said...

Whoo hoo! Way to go Jayke!

Anonymous said...

What a proud Mommy moment! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

When my son, whom the coaches kept insisting was "playing above his ability level" makde three interceptions in one game of football the year he was 14 (one of which he returned for a touchdown), you can bet your bippy I was screaming my fool head off.

It's that proud parent enzyme that kicks in and spreads itself over your vocal chords.

Congratulations, mom!

Monogram Queen said...

Oh I think you have much screaming in public ahead of you hon! LOL Go Jayke!