Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Hack, Hack, Wheeze...

I'm sick. The little bugger gave me his cold only I got it even worse. I have laryngitis. I can't make a sound no matter how hard I try. Now...those of you who are laying on the floor in hysterics can pick yourselves back up and stop laughing...I will get my voice back eventually. In the mean time do you know how hard it is to be a single mom of a four year old when you have no voice? Jaykeb was concerned at first but now I think he finds it amusing when Mommy starts flailing her arms around wildly to get his attention or smacking the bed to get him to listen to her whispers. It only gets better when he is crying hysterically, my mom is on the phone and can't hear me, and Grammy is standing at the bottom of the stairs yelling for me and I can't answer her. Someone just shoot me now.

8 comments:

Bella said...

Feel better!

Sandi said...

When my twins were little smoking was still allowed everywhere and anytime we'd go out for the evening, I would get laryngitis. The kids loved it! Nothing funnier than a mom trying to yell with no sound.

tommie said...

Eeekkks, hope it doesn't last long. I have some bloggy bling for you.

1 plus twins said...

oh my i wasn't laughing when you said you had laringitis but your story of flailing arms and hittin the bed has me cracking up!! lol hope you feel better soon.

Monogram Queen said...

You need a big pad of paper and a pen Wendy! Feel better hon!

Anonymous said...

Didn't you know that Mommies are not allowed to get sick? hee hee Hope you're feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry you're not feeling well. here's hoping you get better soon!

Arlene said...

My kids love it when I lose my voice!! Little snots ;-)
I hope you get to feeling better!