I am making a new rule. Pay attention grandparents! In the future when you purchase items such as this for The Boy...please plan to do them with him! I finally broke down and opened up the Chia Scooby the other day after much begging and whining. The first problem was that there would be a 24 hour delay in the process. You have to soak a chia over night in water before spreading the seeds so that the clay can retain water. That was when the arguing began. Try telling a 3 year old he has to wait 24 hours for something and see what happens! It wasn't pretty.
After distracting The Boy by telling him to go call his Oma (snicker) I was able to stick Scoob's head in a pan and push him to the back of the cabinet. The next day we went down to see of Scooby was thoroughly saturated and ready for his new do. This is the part where I decided a new rule was necessary. Who would think that one little packet of seeds would scatter so completely throughout the kitchen! They were every where. Every where but on Scooby's head that is. I decided that this wasn't working so I read the directions. Yeah, I should have read them first but I didn't think that spreading seeds on a clay head was rocket science. Turns out you had to get the seeds wet first. Lovely. Now we not only had seeds scattered all over the kitchen but we had big globs of seeds all over us. Jayke got frustrated with the process because I wouldn't stop "helping" him and gave up leaving the job for me to finish.
All I can say is this sucker better have one huge fro by the end of two weeks because I put all of the seeds on then learned that there were enough for 3 plantings. Just then Grammy comes shuffling in to see what was going on. The Boy had retrieved the broom from the garage by now and was vigorously sweeping the seeds into every corner of the kitchen. I then had to go through a very detailed explanation of what we were doing. I am now completely over the Chia Scooby.
Next time The Boy gets a Chia anything in his stocking P'pa will be in charge of planting it with him. If that goes anything like the baking they did a few weeks ago it will be an even bigger mess!
15 comments:
I have always threatened to get my dad one of those. They make me laugh.
That was the funniest story!! I just saw those crazy Chia Pets at Big Lots a couple of days ago (for $20 each!) and teased about getting one - my older girls talked me out of it - good thing now that I hear your story! That was funny!
Have a good week and I'll see you later. Kellan
I've never done a Chia pet before and really don't have any desire to do so. They are pretty funny, though! Don't forget to post a pic of the finished product!
Kailani
An Island Life
LOL
I have always wanted a Chia pet! Now, maybe I'll just get one for the nieces and nephews and send it home. I'm evil like that. Hehehe.
hahah I always wanted one of those ... never got one! now I know why!
Hope you have a great week!
I have always been intrigued by the Chia Pets but after reading your post and LeLo's I am so over them!
Katie--I used to threaten my dad and he got me first!
Kellan--Can you believe how much they are?
Kailani--I didn't really have any desire either!
Jenie--Evil...just evil!
Kimmy--Thanks, you too!
Patii--Have to go check out Lelo's post now and see how her chia is doing!
Too Funny.... i almost bought that for him too, but then i pictured how much fun i'd be having if someone bought it for my kids....
good luck
Tresa---Only a mom would consider that! We checked it this morning and it is sprouting so I must not have messed it up too bad!
Ohhhhhh, good lesson ot know. I can't wait to see the 'fro!
Chia Kitchen! Chia Boy! Chia House! Chia Wendy!
I think you're onto something!
I went to your scrapbooking blog but it doesn't allow anonymous posts. Booger.
Anywas this is what I said:
You are so creative! I can't show you my scrapbook ever again, it's not even close to as good as yours. Not by a mile.
Kelly :)
Just so you know...next year they want to get him a drum kit.
Tommie--The fro is coming! Little white sprouts are popping out!
Scoobers--All I would have had to do is spray us all down and keep us wet for two weeks!
Kelly--Awww...thanks! I don't judge other's work, you can show me your scrapbook!
psychicgeek--Wouldn't surprise me in the least!
omg i am so so sorry but i can't stop laughing!!
Post a Comment