
My mom hits the big 60 today! Woohoo! Happy birthday Mom! I'm cooking dinner for her tonight. Called and asked her what she wanted...she picked the one thing she knows I do really well. I personally think I cook a lot of things well...at least better than she does! I was expecting to do something elaborate for her but she wants spagetti. I think she picked it because it is my Gramma's favorite.
Tonight I have her birthday dinner, Saturday I have Jayke's big 4th birthday bash, and Sunday I have Grammy's birthday! That should finish off the month for birthdays. I'm really disappointed I didn't get to have a big 40th birthday party for Mike on the 3rd. I had been planning it for a whole year! Oh well, I have plenty of other birthdays to worry about this week.
I have decided, now that I'm working again, that the weekends are way to short! I can appreciate Friday again now and look forward to it. I went out to dinner with 5 girl friends on Friday. Angi was looking forward to going out and being able to stay out late...her husband is out of town working. We tried. We ended up rolling in the driveway at 10:19...I think we are getting old. It is pretty sad when you are sitting in front of the tv on Friday night at 10:30 watching Thursday's episode of er on the Tivo. It was that or Dance Dance Revolution which I nixed since I didn't think mixing DDR with margaritas was a good idea. I think Jayke partied harder than we did over at my dad's with Meemaw and Aunt Kimmy!
You already heard about my wild night at Bob Evans (yes, it is a restaurant)in my earlier post and today was full of laundry and cleaning. Grammy decided today that having my uncle fix up the old chicken coop out back for her to live in might be a good idea. I'm hoping she was joking but at this point you just don't really know. My mom and I just looked at each other and laughed hysterically. As if on cue, my uncle called right after the comment and so she had to ask him if that was a possiblity. He told her he would take a look at it for her. He is good at calling and getting her all riled up then hanging up. I can tell her right now that the chicken coop no longer has a roof on it and I'm pretty sure the current occupants(about a million mice) probably don't want to share their digs with her. I asked her if we could please keep the crazy comments to a minimum this afternoon.
Note: Any funny stories I tell about my grandmother are told with much love. We have the kind of relationship that we can joke with each other and know that we are just joking. I have always had a very close loving relationship with my grandmother and she didn't even think twice about taking Jaykeb and me in in our time of need. No disrespect is ever intended.
12 comments:
I have a gazebo in my backyard - it's in good shape, but not fit really for anyone to actually live in - and my Mom jokes constantly that we need to put a toilet and bed out there so she can move it. I think a chicken coop with lots of rodents is out of the question!! I love you writing about your family - and they they are cool with it and I get all that, as I write often about my mom and sister and all of them - we all understand and appreciate each others humor! This was a fun post - Happy Birthday to you sweet Mom. See you soon. Kellan
Happy Birthday to your Mom!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MOMMY!!!!!
Now you know that DDR and 'Rita's would make for some really funny stories....
Happy Birthday to your Mom, Jayke,Grammy and Mike! Wow January is a BUSY month for you!
I always laugh and your Grammy she reminds me a LOT of my Grammy RIP. I love your antics.
Happy Birthday to your Mom:)
Happy Birthday to your Mom!
happy birthday to your mom!
Happy birthday to your mom!
Happy Monday
Happy 60th to your mom! My kids gave me a great party on my 60th so this decade started out well.
Yes, working every day does make the weekends golden.
Happy birthday to MOM! i hope it is wonderful!
Happy Belated Birthday to your mom- and just a note on your note, all of your stories reflect love very cleary...they never reflect ANY rudeness or disrespect. I find that your style of writing makes me feel like one of the family, like we are sharing a quick phone call, laughing about our day and the people we know.
Happy Birthday to your Mommy! :)
Post a Comment