Saturday, January 05, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For

It took him this long but he will finally sit in Grammy's chair with her. She may be regretting this accomplishment though because now he walks in, throws his bible in her lap, climbs up on top of her, and tells her to start at the beginning! I just look at her and tell her it is what she wanted.



I increased Jaykeb's time at school from two days a week to three days yesterday. With that I also get a free membership to the YMCA. This is a good thing because I can now sign him up for all of his sports at half price. Very good deal for a single mom. This also means that I can go use the facility as well. I even got myself a workout partner in case I get a wild hair up my rear and decide to grace the energetic folk at the Y with my presence! Gretchen, who lives at the end of our driveway, works there and she wants a workout partner so she gave me her cell phone number. I should have given her mine...I can't be relied upon to call in these circumstances. I am, however, so very close to fitting back into my pre-pregnancy jeans which I saved. Very exciting! I can't even begin to tell ya how much better I feel.

On the other hand, I may have an eating disorder because I never eat and I don't see the change in my weight when I look in the mirror. My mom keeps telling me I will, that it took her a while to see it on herself too. I can see the change in my clothing so that tells me that I'm losing.

I went to see the movie, PS I Love You tonight. I thought it may be a bad idea to see this kind of movie right now with the current state of my personal life but I needed to get out of the house and I knew I wasn't going to be allowed to say no anyway. It was an okay movie. Not my kind of movie to start with so I didn't have many expectations for it. It was cute in parts and funny in parts. It wasn't nearly as sad as I expected it to be though. This was a good thing...I don't need to be sitting in a theatre bawling my eyes out right now. I can't really say that I would recommend spending the $9 to see it in the theatre, wait for it to go to DVD. I'm glad my date was paying...thanks Ang! I am dieing to see I Am Legend! My friends are chic-flick girls though so I don't see that happening unless I go alone. I've never been to a movie by myself so that would be a new experience.

7 comments:

Kellan said...

I just love the picture and story of your son on your grandmother's lap - I loved the thought of her reading the bible to him - from the beginning!!!

Hope you are having a good weekend - see you soon. Kellan

Anonymous said...

When you constantly deprive your body of calories by not eating, your body begins to horde calories, just in case.

However, if you're feeling better about teh way your clothes fit, I'd say something's working out okay for you (pardon the pun).

I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to be able to get a Y membership, but it's so damned expensive!

Bella said...

Way to go on the Y membership. I had one, but never used it.

Deb said...

Cute little guy! Ha!
I came across your blog via Mrs. Parker I loved the name "snips & snails" Mine is "Sugar and Spice" LOL

Jenie said...

Oh...thanks for the info about that movie. I've been wanting to see it, but wasn't sure if it was worth it. I will wait until it comes out on DVD. :)

And hey! If you're ever looking for a movie date, we should hook up sometime and have a girls' night out!

Monogram Queen said...

I think Jayke looks alot like Grammy!
I can take or leave chick flicks but I love a good comedy or horror and I do want to see I Am Legend also!
Congrats on your weight-loss just stick with it Wendy!

Scoobers said...

I would totally go to the Y with you! I have have a membership and my sister decided to stop going.

Problem is... I'm in Phoenix.