
In need of a great children's book? Buy this one! I love this book! It is not only fun for Jaykeb to listen to but it is fun for me to read. How can you not love a story about a cat who thinks he is a chihuahua?! There are several books in the series so if you love this one you can get more and have the adventures continue.
I just discovered this book recently. I bought it at the evil book fair the school set up in the entrance a month or so ago but hadn't read it yet. The other night I was looking for some books that we hadn't read yet and grabbed this one. I honestly don't know who enjoyed it more, him or me! I enjoyed it so much I MADE him let me read it to him again tonight.
The little cat uses his imagination to turn into Skipito the masked chihuahua and heads out to fight banditos! My family (on my Dad's side) has had a love affair going on with Mexico lately...trips to Mexico, Mexican food, Mexican dogs... so I enjoyed the book even more because of that. Dad has 3 cats and two chihuahuas and I'm not sure if any of them know which is which so I found this extra amusing. I am going to send it with The Boy next Tuesday when he is spending the day over there. Meemaw can read it aloud to all of them...boy, cats, and chihuahuas!
10 comments:
That looks like a book my son would enjoy. I'll definitely check it out.
That sounds like a fun book.
oh my god we have had a series of those books for a few years now. they have more than one. they are wonderful. my kids still love them even my oldest who is almost 11!! plus i do crazy silly spanish voices. ha ha
We LOVE them!
We have a chihuahua, and my daughter finds this book so funny, I guess because she can relate.
This book has been read so much, it brought about my son's nickname...
"Stinky John Jones". He is called this more than his given name, and it also inspired my blog...
http://www.stinkyjohnjones.typepad.com
Just the cover art alone makes me want to read it!
That looks like a cute book. I'll have to look for it at our next book fair.
I am familiar with the "evil book fair". lad you like the book - thanks for the review - sounds very cute. Take care. Kellan
I want a chihauhua! In the meantime, this book sounds super fun!
Oh I bet we'd love that one too. Have to check it out. Maddie loves to be read to. You need to get "Llama, llama, red pajama" talk about rolling words.. my fave!
I am totally going to get this for my Niece :-)
Post a Comment