Monday, December 31, 2007

Conversations From The Loony Bin!




Jaykeb: Mommy, what is New Year's Eve?

Mommy: It is when the year changes from 2007 to 2008 and people party like Rockstars! At least some do...

From the recliner behind us, barely audible over the blaring television we hear...

Grammy: You're going to party like HOTDOGS?!?

WTH?

Insane laughter follows. Jaykeb and I just couldn't stop laughing at the thought of partying like hotdogs. This is a typical conversation had on a daily basis now.

I'd like to wish each and everyone of you a Happy and safe New Year! I hope you all party like hotdawgs or rockstars...which ever you may be!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm too old to party like a rockstar, so I'll opt for the hotdog version ;-)

I hope you and Jayke and Grammy (with her hearing issues over the blaring TV) have a GREAT New Year's Eve!

Here's to 2008 being a better year, ok?

The Freaktard sends eyeball licks. Heh.

Monogram Queen said...

I would love to party like a rockstar but sadly my reality is i'm more likely to be a hotdawg LOL Happy New Year to you, Jayke and your wonderful family Wendy!

Kellan said...

How funny!!!! I hope you have a Very Happy New Year and I look forward to seeing lots of you in 2008 - see you then. Kellan

Anonymous said...

lol. just to party . would be grand. I stopped by to let you know the won the word association game. it's just a small prize, but if you would be kind enought o email me your address, I will send it off to you. Happy new Year!!

Wendy said...

The q--Thanks, I think it will be a much better year! How can it be bad when it starts off with eye ball licks?!?

Patti--Thanks Patti! I think I'm probably in the hotdawg category too!

Kellan--Looking forward to seeing you too...so glad I found your blog!

Mommy--I'm excited...little is good too! I sent my address to you! Happy New Year to you too!

icanseeclearlynow said...

LOL!! grandmas and kids. they're the funniest people on the planet!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

:)

maria

Sandi said...

We party like old people. Take a nap so we can make it to midnight. Usually fall asleep by 12:15! Yeah, rock on.

Bella said...

I hope 2008 is much better for you than 2007 was. Even if you are a rockstar or hotdawg.

Wendy said...

icanseeclearynow--Then I should be in stitches all day long!

Sandi--At least you make it to midnight. My parents go to bed around 9 like they do every night. Boring!

Katie--It can't get much worse...huh?

Sandra Evertson said...

This cracked me up! I'm still laughing!
So Sweet!
Happy New Year to you and yours!
Sandra Evertson

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year from a hotdawg!

Anonymous said...

Similar conversation with extensions from the loony bin this weekend - we (R&S, Mom and Dad) are all on the way to CO Springs to the Broadmoore (very swanky hotel where women wear actual zebras) for lunch and R and I said something in the back seat. Mom yells out from the front, "You're doing what with tampons??" I said we needed to be sure to speak clearly in the hotel so we're not yelling out "tampons??"
I feel you, is what I'm saying. :)

Kelly

Wendy said...

Kelly--What is disturbing to me is that it is a glimpse into our own futures! My mom is the same too...how could we not be the same eventually. Too funny. At least my mom is not hard of hearing yet...just blind!