Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Rundown

Tonight is our first Christmas eve. It will be one of many for Jaykeb. I don't know how I'm going to explain how Santa finds him in so many different places and on so many different days! Tonight Mike will bring Jayke home and we will head over to my dad's to spend the night and have our Christmas in the morning.

Christmas at my dad's can be like a marathon. We have a big family and my dad is a big spender when it comes to Christmas so we usually end up taking an intermission somewhere along the line it takes so long. This year may not be as long since one of my sister's and her family did not come home, but I'm sure it will still be longer than most. Some of my cousins are bringing their kids over to play with Jaykeb after we have our Christmas. He always has fun playing with Kylie, they are the same age and Alexa is a little younger. Two girls for the boy to play with!

After that it is off to my mom's on Christmas eve for Christmas at her house including a non-traditional but yummy meal. HINT, HINT, MOM! Steak and seafood would be fine with me this year. We will meet up with Angi and the kids to let the kids all exchange gifts. They are adopted family, ya know! There may even be a trip to the Me's Zoo that evening!

Christmas morning we will be at our house (Grammy's)for our Christmas. I am cooking breakfast and have lots of fun things planned for the boy this year. Oma and Opa will come over to watch The Boy open presents. He is going to have to work for some of his gifts. I've made up scavenger hunts and other fun games for receiving his gifts. I made reindeer food this morning and I have Santa's cookies ready to go. Last year I ordered a Santa letter to come by mail but I think this year I am going to take care of that myself. This is a great age and I think it will be the most fun Christmas yet. We may even make it over to my aunt's house for a little while where there will be more kids than he will know what to do with! That will all depend on what time he has to leave.

Christmas afternoon he will go with his dad again for Christmas with him.


So those are the plans, as you can see we are extremely busy this time of the year. Since I grew up in a divorced family I am used to this though...it is just normal. I've done it since I was 5 years old so I'm a pro at juggling families. Now I have to get back to painting my scavenger hunt box...the creative bug kicked me in the butt this morning and I got up made, Hello Dollies, another batch of faux turtles, reindeer food, painted a special scavenger hunt box that I am decorating with wooden reptiles, and wrote all the directions for the hunt. This is what happens when I am killing time until the boy comes back.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

8 comments:

Ren said...

You make things so fun for Jayke. We will definately need some creative advice from you once our little one is old enough to enjoy Christmas!

tommie said...

hope things are going well.....

1 plus twins said...

wow it does sound really busy but really sounds like a lot of fun. you are so lucky to be around so much family.

hope you and your family have a very merry christmas.

Bella said...

Busy, busy!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Monogram Queen said...

Wow you are really raising the bar Wendy! Merry Merry Christmas to you and Jaykeb and your card was adorable! Thank you so much!

MBKimmy said...

that is a lot of go go go ... sounds like a blast! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Kellan said...

Merry Christmas, Wendy. Have a wonderful Holiday with your family. I will see you soon. Kellan

Anonymous said...

Whew! It's been a long time since I had that much energy. Good on you. Bet it was loads of fun.