Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Puppies



Jaykeb's Christmas pjs have puppies on them this year. Perfect for a little boy who LOVES dogs. His friend, Matthew, gave him this puppy and he insisted that he have his picture taken with it in front of the tree with his puppy jammies on. Not quite what I had in mind for his picture in front of the tree but I was sick of arguing and Jayke needed to get to bed. When he reaches his limit there is nothing you can do or say to argue with him. I think he gets that from both his father and me. Stubborness runs in the family. Poor boy didn't have a chance. I think I will have to try again another night to take some more pictures.

Jayke's school was having a book fair today. I don't know whose bright idea it was to set up racks of books and small toys in the lobby where every child has to walk past them to get in and out of the school but they should get a promotion! I practically had to drag Jayke out the door screaming because he wanted a book that had a jeep on it. I had already bought him 5 other books but he didn't want those "dumb books", he wanted the one with the JEEP ON IT! I would have gotten him the one he wanted but it was a little young for him and I'm pretty sure we have others like it...in a box...somewhere... Seems like most of our life is in a box somewhere right now.

Once we got to Oma's and she read the books I got him, he loved them. Turns out Mommy isn't so "dumb" after all! I hope those books are gone by Thursday when we go back. Jayke is still talking about "Taylor, with the long hair". I guess there is more than one Taylor but he only likes the one with the long hair. He told me today that he always sits by her, with a big cheesy grin on his face. I think I will invite her to his birthday party next month. Better get to know this girl.


9 comments:

tommie said...

those are just precious...

BTW, I was the volunteer parent the day the kids took their school pics. The photographer had a dowel rod with a feather taped to the end of it. She would wave it in front of their face or tickle their cheek with it. She got the most amazing shots I have ever seen! She was kind of young so I wasn't sure how good she would be. But she was great!

also, mailed your ornament today.

Wendy said...

Tommie--That is a great idea! I will have to try that. I kind of like the pouty pictures of him though too.

I can't wait to get it! Jayke will be excited too, he loves to get the mail!

Bella said...

He is adorable.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Just look at that face!

Tresa said...

He looks so cute in those jammies, i need some ideas for christmas for him please. We had our book fair last month, cassie rearranged the shelves for them.

Monogram Queen said...

I love the puppy PJ's! So cute! I know what you mean, choose your battles!

Anonymous said...

the puppy pj's are AWESOME! i want some! but, actually, do you remember where you got them? my nephew would LOVE puppy pj's.

leave me a comment on my blog or e-mail me at rht02@sbcglobal.net if you get a chance. thanks!

Wendy said...

Katie--Isn't he?

Cheeky--Lovin the pout!

Tresa--I have a whole list of games that he would like but I gave it to Mike. I know he won't get them all though. I will email you later with some ideas.

Patti--You are so right!

Robin--I emailed you the name of the store. Let me know if you need me to look for them for you.

Jenie said...

I couldn't get the pics to load yesterday...but they were worth the wait! He is adorable!