Saturday, November 03, 2007

She's Crafty...


I've got a few pumpkin carving pictures to show. We carved two this year. Opa helped with the top of the first one and I did the rest after Jayke cleaned them out.







Jayke was a big help. He scooped and scooped and scooped. Seeds went flying every where. I'm glad Grammy wasn't in there to see what we were doing to her dining room.




Our first pumpkin was just a regular ol pumpkin. Mommy had to get fancy with the second one though. I had forgotten how long it takes to carve on this way and that I swore I would never do it again. Maybe I will remember next year.



That is Scooby Doo in case you can't tell. Remember, my boy is a Scooby nut?



Basically The Boy just wanted to play with the seeds and the slime while I did all the work. I seem to recall doing the same thing when I was a kid. My dad used to grow 200lb pumpkins for me when I was little. Took forever to clean those babies out. Glad I only had small ones to do.

7 comments:

Scoobers said...

I absolutely love the Scooby Doo pumpkin idea! Did you get any pics of it when he was lighted up?

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Jayke is too cute with those pumpkin guts! Looks like he had a great time.

Bella said...

Very impressive pumpkin carving.

I didn't mind the guts so much, but it was the baked pumpkin seeds when it was all done that made it so worth it!

Anonymous said...

Jayke is so darn cute! He gets cuter with every picture you take!

I love the Scooby pumpkin!

Wendy said...

Scoobers--Yeah, I got one of it lit but it didn't turn out very good. I need a new camera!

Cheeky--He did and so did I!

Katie--We didn't roast the seeds this year. Something we always did with Mike. Just couldn't bring myself to do it this year.


Robin--Thank you!

Monogram Queen said...

Awww we didn't carve our pumpkins this year but we will next year!
You are so crafty woman!

Jenie said...

Okay...that picture of Jayke smiling next to the pumpkin is the. cutest. pic. ever!

*sigh* All those pics remind me of being a kid and cleaning and carving the pumpkin with my dad. Wish I would have gotten one this year!