
Katie is asking, "Where were you?" over on her blog so I am going to do the same. It is one of those days you will never forget exactly where you were and what you were doing when you heard the horrible news.
I had just gotten up and gotten ready for work when I walked into the kitchen and saw it on the little tv in there that I always had on. I was confused at first. It took a while to register that it was real and it was in our country. I'm sure I just stood there with my mouth open for a long time watching. I know it was right as the 1st tower was coming down that I started watching. I called my mom to make sure she knew then headed to work. I worked with her at our interior design store. We might as well not even opened that day. One woman came in and she didn't know. We told her and she left. Mike and I slept with the tv on for a week and I would periodically wake up in the night to see if they had rescued anyone. Sadly, they never did.
9 comments:
Good morning. Can't believe it's been six years. Seems like yesterday...
Was down to Tucson visiting my parents before leaving for NYC in the next few days. Was making my first ever trip there with a friend of mine.
Woke up to have breakfast. Saw the first burning tower and thought "Geez. That's not good". Then the second plane hit and I nearly choked. Ran down the hall to find my mom, who was getting ready for work. We sat and watched TV in her bedroom while they flew the third and fourth ones into the Pentagon and a field. Speechless.
Frantic trying to get a hold of the friend I was supposed to be visiting. No luck for hours. Everyone was ok.
We also spent the next few days glued to the set.
The trip, which we decided to make anyway, turned out to be a historical one. One that I will tell my kids/grandkids about someday.
I was in a dorm room at ISU. My friend/roommate knocked on my door and told me that we were being attacked. So, I immediately switched on the t.v. and then started calling my mom and other family. I watched MSNBC and Ashleigh Banfield. I was watching when both towers fell. I did go to class that day, but in between, the four of us in the suite would watch tv together.
I remember every tiny little detail about that morning....every detail....
I was on my way to work and heard it on the radio, i thought it was some kind of joke at first. I still cry when i see pictures, it still seems so unreal. Toms stepbrother is and architecht working at the new site for the memorial in New York.
I was at work, and that day will never ever be forgotten. I can feel the horror of it still.
I still get chills when I think of it.
I was teaching in OK at the time...We finally had dial up computer service in our classrooms. So many teachers were online that the computers shut down. In between classes I would turn the tv on....we were told by the admin to not let the kids watch the news. So I checked it in between classes.
They showed all the coverage from that morning again on FOX news this mroning and once again I just stood in front of the tv and stared.
Post a Comment