I think I've been waiting. Waiting for something to happen and I finally figured out what it was. I was waiting for the weather to finally cool off so I could get motivated. Seems like it happens towards the end of both summer and winter. I go into a "holding pattern" just waiting for the weather to motivate me in some way.
Last night if finally happened! I looked at our weather station on the kitchen counter, you know the cheap version of the $500 one my dad has. His probably tells him when a squirrel "makes air" in the woods. Mine, not so sophisticated. It tells you the temperature inside and outside of the house. It tells you if it is raining or sunny out and it also gives you the humidity and the barometric pressure, which I have no idea what that means. I've walked in to check that thing many many times this summer and it seems to have never moved. Last night it finally told me something that made me happy. It was only 65 degrees out! Whoopee! I threw open the doors and windows and finally let the poor a/c take a long needed rest.
It is really true that fresh air makes you feel better. I immediately felt like a new person. I dove into my scrapbooking, which I haven't done since last spring. I have gotten out of bed the past two mornings ready to tear into some project. So far I have gotten back into scrapbooking, tore half of the clothes out of my closet to wash them and get them ready for consignment, Reorganized a closet in another bedroom, painted the first step in a growth chart I am making for Jayke's room, and begun decorating for fall and Halloween. I have also been scrubbing like crazy...not the norm for me.
Mike must have been waiting too because he began a long awaited project on the driveway. I'm not going to get into our driveway issues, let's just say if you are moving to the Anderson area, DO NOT even consider buying an AHO Home. He is making a trench at the end of the driveway where the road meets the unfinished part and putting in a grate to try to correct our drainage issue. It is way to complicated to explain. It is even more complicated to explain his method and how entertaining it has been for me to watch the process.
In a psychology class I had about 2 years ago when I was finishing up school, we learned about a condition where the weather affects your moods. Being the wonderful student I am, I can't remember the correct term for this condition but trust me there is one and I have it. When we lived in Indiana I thought it was only related to the long dreary winters but since moving down here I think it relates to any weather condition that is miserable and stays too long. The long hot summer has affected me the same way the long dreary winter did. I need to find a location that is 70 degrees and sunny year round. Someplace where there is always a gentle breeze to make the trees whisper, it only rains at night, and there are still four seasons so I can watch the trees change colors in the fall and come to life again in the spring. I know, I know, this place is only in my dreams. That must be why I spend so much time napping!
11 comments:
I hear you. When it's hot outside, I don't feel like doing anything productive. It's miserable.
I was in Seattle this weekend and it was 53 degrees! It was perfect!
I hear what your saying, i've been able to have the windows open all week, the breeze feels so good. I still feel lazy though, i think i need a job or more medicine or maybe both..... heck i'd settle for some cookies
I totally get energized when Fall hits. Love it! Enjoy your new-found cool weather.
Nesting are we???
I want to move there too! Way too many extremes for me.
Yep the hot weather makes me miserable too. Yay for Fall!
Yeah for scrapbooking!!!!!! OK yeah too for the weather but a girl has to have her priorities...haha
It warmed back up this week - back in the 70's - which is nice- I was a little chilly over the weekend - woke up to 39 Saturday morning...brrr
I hear ya on the weather. It's been so nice the last week or so. But it's supposed to climb back up to the upper 80's this week. Hopefully, it's just this one last time.
Kailani--53 is a little too cool for me.
Tresa--I don't need the cookies but a job or some more meds would probably be the ticket.
Sandi--I will!
HMM--Nesting for the birds I already have...no new ones.
Katie--If you find a place like that let me know, we will move together!
Patti--Fall and Halloween!
Cheeky--Yeah, I'm addicted again. I must have more supplies! Hobby Lobby here I come!
Jenie--Ya gotta have a little Indian summer in Indiana!
I love the fall....love the spicy candles....the cooler evenings. I have even put some sweatshirts in the front coat closet...hoping we can use them one evening!
enjoy the autumn breeze hon..and take lots o pics of your baby...youll look back and love them!
Post a Comment