
Does it look like we were close? That is because we were! Close enough to feed and pet Christy the Giraffe. I think I would rather feed a giraffe than a horse. She was so gentle. Jayke was a little nervous at first but once he did it a couple of times there was no stopping him!
We spent a lot of time with the giraffes and even more time with the gorillas. The gorilla viewing area was in an air conditioned building which was nice since it was 100 degrees today while we were at the zoo. Once Cheeky and Katie got there we all sat and talked for a while in there while watching the gorillas. It was nice to get to know the girls who comment here daily and nice to have someone brave the heat with us. They are back down at the beach now with Patti and her family. I know they are having a great time and I wish I could have gone down too but Mexico is coming up. Have to save up for those margaritas and Miami Vice I'm going to have in my cabana with AJ.

I think our other favorite thing at the zoo were the bears. They were very close too. When we walked into the zoo this guy was the first to greet us.

Jaykeb got to ride on the carousel. He loved that. We all rode but I had to stand and hold onto the kid so he didn't fall off. A few more inches and he would have been able to do it on his own. Next time we go I bet he will be tall enough. He wouldn't just smile normally so that is why he looks like a big goof ball in this picture.

....and let's compare...
He was six weeks old in this other picture. That is his dad lurking behind him. He has been a carousel rider from way back!
I have a lot more pictures but after walking around in the heat all day I'm too tired to post them. I may post some of the others in future posts. Tomorrow, goats. As if we didn't see enough animals today, tomorrow we are going to Split Creek Farm with the Mom's Club to see the goats. There are other animals there too but the farm is a working goat farm and they make all kinds of goat milk products you can sample and purchase. I don't think I've ever had goat milk...should be interesting. After that over to one of the Mom's for lunch and air conditioning!
This is a very busy week for us. We still have karate, our in home visit for school, kid city play group, and open house for school all this week. We skipped karate today after being at the zoo. Jayke was cranky all evening and went to bed early. Next week school starts and I may be able to finish working on his room.
I am hosting Mom's club in December. I am still trying to decide what I am going to do. It is play group but I can have it be some what structured like with a craft or project or something so if anyone has any suggestions for me let me know.
10 comments:
Isn't that a great zoo? We love it! But I can't wait until the giraffes are here in g-ville too!
That looks like a great zoo.
Mine never have liked carousels...screamed and cryed the whole time.
Sounds like a fun day. I haven't been to the zoo in forever...I think I'll plan that for when it's a tad cooler here!
I love the cheesey smile!
Great photos - love the giraffe. Although I can't imagine walking around at a zoo in 100 degree temps! I'm a total weather wimp.
I LOVE going to the zoo! Why? I have no idea, but whenever we go somewhere out of town, I'm like, "let's go to the zoo!".
I love the pictures...too cute!
Glad you had fun.
Love those pictures!
And your little man is very handsome!!
Susan--Yes! It is a great zoo! I was very happy with it and I can't wait for them to get the giraffes in Greenville either.
Tommiea--As you can see, Jayke always has liked them.
jenie--We like the Indy zoo too but it was too hot and too crowded last time we were there.
Katie--And you got to see it in person!
Sandi--Yeah, it was a bit too hot. Luckily they had fans going, misting stations, and several exhibits had a/c.
Robin--Me too. I've been to 7 zoos so far. Next on my list is the Atlanta zoo.
It looks like Jaykeb had so much fun!!! I love his expression in the picture with the gorilla. It's also very nice that you got to meet some of the lovely ladies that you get to know so well through this blogging thing!!! You are becoming such the social butterfly...I am proud :-)
Nice looking animals..I say that cause the closest zoo to us is the Detroit Zoo and all the animals look like their going to keel over dead any second!
Post a Comment